You may have heard that adopting a successful mindset is a major factor to your success. Perhaps it’s the only factor since your mindset drives everything else. But what does that really mean, to lead with a successful mindset? In the day-to-day of life and business, how does one maintain a successful mindset amidst conflict, demanding clients, chaos and responsibility?
I can guarantee one thing you will experience as a business owner – change. The path you follow will not be a consistent uphill, downhill or flat line. There will be great peaks and, sometimes when you least expect it, deep valleys. It’s understanding how to maintain a successful mindset that will get you through it all and keep you moving forward. So how do you maintain a successful mindset?
The answer is more simple than you may think. It comes down to controlling your emotions. We can allow outside events and people to dictate how we feel. That’s what most people do. The secret to a successful mindset, and keeping your personal power, is to be the dictator of your emotions, and not anyone or anything else.
We have the ability to choose how we feel in any moment by choosing our thoughts. Our thoughts generate our emotions. When you change your thoughts, you change your feelings and thus, take back your power.
It can feel very difficult to dictate your emotions when confronted with something uncomfortable. But it can be done and below, I list my favorite affirmations and universal laws that I recite when I am confronted with something uncomfortable or unwanted and want to shift into a better feeling place, despite the condition:
- “Everything is always working out for you.” Yes, it is … even when it looks like nothing is going your way.
- “The Universe has your back.” You are not alone. You are never alone. The invisible resources surrounding you are powerful beyond measure.
- “An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life is going to launch you into something great.” If you think about it, the arrow only gets momentum to move forward from the pulling back of the bow. The further it’s pulled back, the further it goes forward. Celebrate when life is dragging you down.
- “The ending of something good only means that it’s the beginning of something even better.” This is a great truth to consider when confronted with a tough loss or sadness of something good ending (like a great vacation.)
- “Let go of the oars and trust the current of life will take you exactly where you want to go.” One of my favorite life’s truths is that there is a stream of well-being flowing to you at all times that’s infinite, powerful, magical and transformative. You have the ability to hook in to it or disconnect from it. The choice is yours.
The key to adopting a successful mindset is to practice it when you have a little resistance and life appears to be going your way. Don’t wait until life deals a huge blow. Practice these tips on little valleys in your life or when you have unexpected time on your hands – sitting in traffic, waiting in line at the store. Small efforts in practice will pay off huge dividends later on.