One of the most common questions I get asked is “how do I find clients with true luxury travel budgets and get in front of them?” There is a very long, complicated answer to this question and it might differ from person to person. But there is also a very simple one. It’s the same answer I give when people ask me how I attracted millionaires and billionaires to my travel business.
The answer is, if you want to up-level the clients with whom you work, you must up-level yourself first. It NEVER happens the other way around. You can’t wait until the right clients show up to invest in yourself or your business. Clients will not invest in you, nor will they be attracted to you when you don’t invest in yourself or your business. Plain and simple. And when you do, clients will not only invest in you, they will give you the respect you deserve.
Up-leveling yourself consists of taking action outside your comfort zone. Here are some signs you aren’t up-leveling (and need to):
- You have a template website for which you pay a small monthly fee that looks quite nice, but doesn’t reflect your business….because you feel you don’t have the $$$ to invest in a customized website;
- You sign up for every single free teleclass and webinar offered by marketing experts and GIFTE, but never invest in the next step;
- You attend industry events only when the admission price is less than $100 and within driving distance;
- When attending the above industry event, you don’t want to pay the $109 nightly hotel rate, so you scour the internet to save a whopping $30 per night, but add a huge hassle factor for getting to and from the event.
- You are a “do-it-yourselfer” in all parts of marketing your business because you don’t want to pay a virtual assistant $50 per hour. But then you waste days learning technical things you will never use again or getting stuck on a glitch with no one to sort it out.
- You don’t pay yourself a salary.
How do I know these behaviors? I was guilty of every single one of them. AND, I have up-leveled on every single one too. My business saw tremendous growth when we finally stopped waiting for conditions to be perfect and invested in ourselves and our business. Investments like spending $6,000 to re-design a website that finally reflected the essence of our business; or a coaching program that cost more than my first car; or hiring a virtual assistant even though we couldn’t “afford” it; or paying ourselves a salary before we felt we could.
It’s leaps of faith like these that result in an up-leveling of your business. Why? Because when you do these things, you demand respect. You treat your business like a business (and not a hobby). You find yourself marketing with a confidence you never had before. You will be amazed at the caliber of clients that show up and delighted by the respect they pay you.
Ask yourself the question, does my business need up-leveling? Be brutally honest with yourself in your answer. If you are ready to up-level your clients, then it’s time to up-level your business. Take the leap of faith and find ways to up-level your business. Do it today, tomorrow or next week. Don’t delay any further. Ask yourself, “do I want to be in the same place 12 months from now, or would I like to see improvement in my business?” Then go do it.